Friday, September 13, 2013

Crazy Busy!!

It has been quite a while since I have blogged. There just came a time where there was so much on my plate that I simply did not have the time. I'll try to catch you all up on the inner workings of the Kaminski Clan!

We have been working so diligently on adoption paperwork. We finally have an approved home study that underwent a review for Hague compliance. That is a huge accomplishment! 

The process is similar to a tennis match. The approvals bounce back and forth between the two governments until we finally have our approval to board our flights!

In the process of waiting these past couple of weeks, our agency was working on getting an update for us. As I was on the phone with my social worker an email came through. Our wonderful agency, Lifeline, was successful in getting an update for us on our sweet Selah.
We are thrilled to know that she is aware that she has a family pursuing her and she is happy about that!

As my mom and I were both looking at her photo my mom noticed she has a necklace around her neck. Then I realized that it is the necklace we sent her in her care package! We sent her a jade necklace on a red silk rope. 

We also know that she does not like "fat meat" and "green onions". 

She knows very little English, just a few phrases.

We also received some updated measurements.

We were thrilled!!!! In fact, I was useless the rest of the day. We were over the moon excited to see our girl.

I've also been a little tied up with some grant paperwork. Here is a sample of my "Grant Notebook". So I like to be a tiny bit organized.
Oh my goodness!!!! This is so much work. I feel like we are applying for another mortgage. Here are just a few that were mailed out recently.
I was able to apply for three online! And right now I have four more ready to go to the post office in the morning.

There are two more after all of these that I cannot apply with until we receive approval from immigration.

I took Ben to the Fedex drop box and on the way there I noticed something in the middle of the road. It was a very lightly traveled road so I checked my mirrors and put the van in reverse. Ben was baffled! I backed up and opened my car door. This is what I found.........
Mr. Crunch is his/her name. My kids could not be happier. Evidently Ben thought I was going to back the van up and try to run over the poor turtle! Why would anyone do that? Sigh!!!

When Jeremy got home we showed him our new temporary "pet" then we gathered in the kitchen to open this sweet card.
We have been financially blessed by a few families already. This is how it happened with Mariah's adoption as well. Was this adoption God's will? Without a doubt!

I received a phone call the other morning from someone very dear friend who also wants to help us bring Selah home.

I love to watch how God works! I love that our children get to witness how God moves those mountains! It makes our faith real to them. Honestly, it makes it more real to me. At times, I think our kids have more faith than me.

Just this week I received an email that we were awarded our first grant!  Our agency offers a small grant to ministers. Why are we so amazed that God would make the way for our sweet girl to come home? God owns the cattle on a thousand hills! This adoption is easy for Him! He's got this!

As I have been teaching the kids in history and science this week........we are trying to wrap our finite minds around the fact that all God had to do was speak everything in existence. His very words made it all happen! Are my financial concerns too much for Him? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

My words fail me as I fumble to make an attempt to express our appreciation for what you all do for our family. I am honored that you pray for us and our sweet Selah. We are humbled that you would make such a financial sacrifice for Selah.

I love that our Chinese daughters bring smiles to your faces as you see God's beautiful plan of adoption walking the halls of Fellowship or gracing our pages of Facebook.

When you see us or think of us, we covet your prayers. This adventure is nothing shy of miraculous. But our daughter needs prayer as she is preparing for a change in her life that will shake her to the very core. 

We still plan on traveling in the next three months. Oh my! I just wrote that and it leaves for very little time. 

Thank you for your gracious hearts and sweet spirits! We are a very blessed family!


 

Psalm 107:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!




No comments:

Post a Comment