Thursday, November 21, 2013

Onward and Upward!

Just because I have to share this adorable photo...........
Can you believe that Mariah has a tough time getting along with Ben on most days yet she will copy him almost every single time? I do not understand these children! Typical sibling rivalry. This was at church waiting for the service to begin this past Sunday. Sort of makes me scratch my head.

Last Sunday Mariah's "Puggles" teacher and daughter, Miss April and Gracie, gave Mariah this adorable Cabbage Patch doll. Mariah loves it!
Okay, I got side-tracked! We have had a lot of movement this past week. I am thrilled to see how quickly we are moving now with adoption paperwork.

November 13th we found out we had our LID. That is the acronym means Log In Date. Basically this just means that Chin@ has taken our paperwork and has it in their system. Finally!!!

The very next day my social worker emailed me to let me know that our dosseir is already translated! That has to be some record or something.

Then on November 18th my social worker emailed again to let us know our paperwork is through the review stage. We only have the final stage to go.....Matching! Several more approvals are still needed but we are still on target to leave near the end of December.

My nesting has kicked in full-force! We only had a six top kitchen table. It works now since Mariah is still in a highchair. We definitely needed a new one. We found one online and it was delivered last Friday! 

Here is the before....
And the after....
We love it and it fits everyone!

We finally picked out furniture for the girls' room. But it has been a disaster! Every piece was damaged or missing pieces! Unfortunately, the store was not willing to make it right. Jeremy told them to come and take it back!
At least the girls had fun shopping at this store, right?
Once again, this is what their room looks like....
I think we have successfully confused Mariah. One day it was her brothers' room, then it was empty, then it was filled with new furniture, then it was empty again. One can only laugh!

My sweet Rebecca will one day make the best wife for a very special man. And a very sweet mom one day too. This child always thinks of others above herself. 
I took Rebecca and Benji to the eye doctor's this week. Ben has been put back in glasses. He has a mild prescription but it seemed logical to do so. Doesn't he look like Jeremy?
Then we have Rebecca. She told me she would not mind glasses but if they cost us money, she didn't want them. Really? My sweet girl, we would do anything to give you what you need. But, the doctor says you do not need glasses yet! Be thankful for healthy eyes with great vision!

And I wanted to share with you what Mariah learned to do this week....POUT!



1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blogs and hearing how God is working. So excited for Selah's homecoming!!

    ReplyDelete