Thursday, December 12, 2013

Bringing Selah home.

           
                   
I have been wanting  to dedicate a post about our Bringing Selah Home Give1 Save1 event but our week got super busy! Busy in a good way though. 

Sunday began our event for raising funds. We have been blessed so much in our journey to China. I will admit that I am terrible about promoting my own fundraiser. Honestly I would rather not. But we need to get Selah home .

We have been so blessed by numerous sweet people. I can tell you that I am so honored that so many have been following our story.

I have watched, as many who are financially struggling during this holiday, give to our adoption. We have had parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, missionaries, adoption friends, cyber friends, old high school friends, church family, friends of family, and complete strangers donate. 

Right now our funds raised stand at $2209.69! Isn't that amazing?  I had no idea how we would do with this and I am so honored!

We will allow the event to last until December 28th. However we will be featured for one week only on the Give1 Save1 blog.

Jeremy and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary! I honestly love Jeremy more than I could have ever imagined possible. I adore him and he is perfect for me. We never imagined we would be planning our second trip to China and six kids! Raising kids is the toughest job I've ever had. But the smiles and notes like this are so worth the exhaustion!
This was card number 2 from Rebecca. Her other card was priceless, thoughtful, and selfless. I do not deserve this sweet child. She honestly would give us anything within her power. She shopped at the AWANA store just last night and bought something for everyone else in the house and got herself one small pair of earrings and could not have been happier. She is so special!
Jeremy stopped and got these beautiful roses for me. It wouldn't be a happy anniversary post if I didn't share a photo from that very cold December day in Leechburg, Pennsylvania. Look how young we were when we married! Oh my!!!
This photo was snapped by our photographer as we sat on the steps at the front of the church waiting for the rest of our family to gather for photos. We were both relieved the ceremony was over!

Our hearts are overwhelmed with the outpouring of love on our family and for our sweet Selah! I cannot wait to meet her!



No comments:

Post a Comment