Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mom of the Year!!

Before I explain why I chose the title of my post I'll share the fun from our last week. After dropping more than a few hints to us we knew that Selah wanted her hair cut. I got busy and found somewhere to take all three girls. Their appointments were on Friday. Mariah's hair is so pretty but the longer it gets the harder it is to keep from getting tangled.
I love her beautiful black hair. It is so silky smooth and shiny. So why not get a little bit silly? After all it is her personality.
Then the finished product makes her even more adorable if I say so myself!
This is Selah's first haircut here. Call me silly or something but I got a lock of her hair just like I would do for baby's first haircut. She knew exactly what she wanted. Here is before the cut......
........and after.
I have to admit that I forgot my phone at home. I was so disappointed. I wanted photos. So I asked the girl and she was happy to take a few. Not the ones I wanted but better than nothing. 


Then was Rebecca's turn. She just got a trim but asked for some long bangs. Here is her before.......
...........and after!
Saturday I took the older two girls with me to Kmart. I just needed a few things for organizing clothing. The girls were having a little fun.
They took my phone and I found this photo too!
I took Mariah and Selah for labwork last week too.

 She came home and got right to work finding somewhere to put her stickers.
One morning I came down to the school room and saw this. Okay then!
On a completely different note, I am so glad that Ben has decent health insurance. Here is what his growth hormone costs for one year if the dose remains what it is now.
Now to the whole "Mom of the Year" explanation. Sunday started as any other Sunday. The only child that was up without a wake-up call is Mariah. I got everyone up and moving. We went to Sunday School and then we were in the sanctuary for church at 10:30am. 


Mariah was being her so good and had sweetly visited with a few friends/teachers. During one of the congregationals she wanted up with me. She reached for me and I picked her up......by her hands. 

Oh my goodness! This is a girl who never cries with pain and she cried. My instincts told me something was wrong. I grabbed my purse and her small bag with snacks and her shot. She was hurt. She cried, and cried, and cried. She asked for Daddy. I carried her down to Jeremy's office and laid her on the floor outside his door.

Kyle was helping me and got Jeremy. He came and we figured her arm was dislocated. She could not move it. I had to give her a shot. This is now the second time we have had to do this. I really did not hesitate. I know to expect this. I gave the injection. One of Jeremy's guys went to the parking lot to get our van for us. Tim took over the production part of the Fellowship Family Hour. I went up and tried to quietly get our other four kids out of the service. We rushed to the car and I held Mariah on my lap. There was no way I could strap her in her car seat with her arm hurting.
Jeremy helped me into the ER with Mariah and left Rebecca with me while he quickly drove the other kids home. He made it back as we were in radiology. Mariah was really crying as they manipulated her arm. Jeremy picked her up when it was over and the crying stopped. Evidently her arm popped back in as they were positioning her.

I was a little uneasy as the physician assistant told me at least five times that he knew this was not a case of abuse. Oh my goodness!!!! To think that someone would intentionally cause that kind of pain was unbelievable.It was my fault. I picked her up by her hands. Then the twist of putting her up on the pew must have done the trick. Oh I felt horrible! My poor baby! 

But this is what she looked like just minutes after her x-ray.
I apologized to her and she just said, "It's o-tay, Mommy!" 

As a sweet friend mentioned to me, I wonder what Selah thought of the whole ordeal. I'm not sure. She did ask about her when we got home. 

Sunday night as we were saying our "goodnights" to our kids, Selah hugged me as usual but then sneaked a kiss to my cheek! First time ever!

I love being a mom! Hardest job I've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment