Monday, June 18, 2012

Nanjing---Day1

 Our flight was on time!
Here was where the ultimate goal led, Nanjing.

We arrived about 10 minutes early but not without interest. Let's just say that my mom never wants to get a seat beside another non-family member again! I had a window seat and Jeremy sat next then my dad. lastly, my mom sat across the aisle from my dad.  Mom's "neighbor" had the worst motion sickness of anyone I have ever heard of. She sat there and began vomiting as the plan was backing out preparing to taxi down the runway. She proceeded to vomit and gag the ENTIRE 2 hours. Then as the plane was preparing for approach, the girl beside her got sick.

You may not be too surprised to hear that Jeremy got a huge kick out of that. He sat and all my mom could see was Jeremy's turned back and his shoulders moving up and down as he laughed. Then I was laughing. I admit that I'm so glad it was my mom (a nurse) and not me!



Our guide, Nancy, met us at the airport with her driver and took us to our hotel. We drove about 40 minutes to our hotel. The city was alive with people everywhere. This country girl is not used to this many people. 


One thing we notice about Ch*na. You feel oddly safe with so many people. The city has a unique history. It served as Ch*na's capital during the Ming Dynasty. Lots of history here!


Super tired and needing to post more about our "Gotcha Day" moments! I promise to update more later today. We do have her and she is sleeping in her crib as I type. 



1 comment: