Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Pearl River Cruise

Today was a relaxing day for us, again.  I do believe Mariah is much more comfortable with us as she is beginning to show her true personality! She can be a very busy little girl. She does an excellent job of entertaining herself! Soon she will learn the joy of siblings!! So many new things for this child.


We have a five-year-old little girl in our group. We were boarding the bus for our shopping trip the other day and the little girl spoke in Mandarin to our facilitator and asked her what shopping was. The facilitator smiled and we all realized that this little one had no idea what that even was.


Mariah is such a sweet little girl. She is eager to love on most of us now. I still notice a bit of holding back with me. I will give her the space she needs. 
Her heart is beginning to mend but it will take time. She has to learn to trust complete strangers speaking an entirely different language.
 Back to our subject at hand. We took our cruise this evening and met with our group in the lobby at 5:30pm. It was a dinner cruise. The bus took us to the docks and we boarded our ship. The food was okay. I am being forced to learn to use chopsticks! WOW!
I couldn't go the whole night without a picture of my parents. So here they are......
The city of Guangzhou lit up! It was absolutely gorgeous! The buildings have many lights illuminating them in many colors. It really was beautiful! We finished the cruise at 8:30pm and drove back to the hotel. It was a late night for Mariah and it will be early tomorrow. Here are a few pictures of the beautiful night lights of Guangzhou.....




For the last part of the cruise they provided entertainment. So we had a woman juggle fruit, balance all kinds of things and just made us smile. Here was Mariah watching it all, of course on Daddy's lap.
And of course the main entertainment.......
To top off the evening, while out on the deck of the boat, I moved my hair with my left hand and my diamond ring caught my left earring and the earring went flying. So, looks like I lost my gold hoop. All is well, at least it wasn't my ring. 


Tomorrow is our swearing in ceremony at the U.S. Consulate! We are with three other families from our agency.


Hoping to post picture about that but we have been warned that NOTHING electronic will be permitted past security!

1 comment:

  1. Haleigh, at the age of 4 1/2 had no idea of what shopping was in China, either, but she quickly learned! :) Your comment reminded me of our first shopping trip with Haleigh! You are almost done! It has been a joy to see Mariah start to blossom!

    ReplyDelete