Sunday, February 24, 2013

Last Birthday Until Summer!

Well it finally happened. Micah is taller than me. He achieved this feat about a year ahead of Kyle. He is so proud that he is taller than me! He also now has bigger feet than Jeremy! Sunday, February 17th was Micah's twelfth birthday. Sunday birthdays are difficult. It is so hard to make it special since Jeremy leaves the house by 6am and usually doesn't get home until 1pm. Of course, we all leave again for evening church around 5pm. 
He was just a little excited to begin opening his gifts!
This was an XBox game that Grandma and Pap Kaminski got for him!
Because Micah is such an easy-going kiddo.......his cake of choice is always the same. He loves a round yellow cake with homemade chocolate icing. I can do that!! Happy birthday sweet boy! Monday was Micah's birthday supper. All of my kids get to choose the meal they wish for Mamma to make. Micah chose my fried chicken and all the fixings. I love you and I'm proud of the young man you are growing to be. Follow in your dad's footsteps and let the Lord guide your way.

I have not posted for a week because things got a little too busy here. Jeremy and I have spent may hours researching new health insurance. Oh my! It would be safe to say information overload! I honestly sort of abandoned that decision and Jeremy dealt with it. This has been quite the experience. We are thankful for a man from our church, David, who found us better private health insurance. This company will not refuse to cover me due to my chronic sinus problems. Although it is major medical coverage, it is better than nothing at all.

We also had to find new home owners insurance. Our home owners insurance decided that the one claim paid out over a year ago was just too much. We had lightening strike our air conditioner. It had to be replaced. Now they are denying continuance of coverage. Once again David came to our rescue. He recommended a broker who was able to get us the best quote for home owners and automobile insurance. Kind of stinks since we never filed a single claim to our previous insurance in seventeen years. But that didn't matter. Now we are paying higher rates on both. Just doesn't seem like there is any protection for the consumer.

On a lighter note, here are a few more pictures of life in our house recently. 

Here is the tiniest Asgardian! (Believe it or not I knew how to spell that!)
I have  realized with three older brothers and an older sister heavily influenced by those very same brothers and father....I have given up. I will not have any girly girls in this house.
I also do not believe I will ever have a clean house ever again. 
These types of antics are pretty normal at our house. Micah was teaching Mariah the proper technique for push-ups. Notice the lack of cleanliness!
Then God gives me this bit of peace.....pure white snow! How beautiful! I love snow. I am a true northerner at heart.

I cannot resist but to show this cute picture of the birthday boy and Mariah. I'm so blessed that our older four kids have accepted this sweet girl into our home with open arms. They love her deeply! You can see it in their faces. 
Once again, we head to Indianapolis this coming week. Mariah has another surgery on Thursday. This is out-patient surgery and should not last nearly as long as her previous surgery. We are hoping for some good news but we leave it all in God's hands.

I have a few sick kids here this week, well four to be exact. Our nebulizer is back out and being used by Micah and Ben. Ben is on additional medicines for his asthma and his pulmonologist has called with great concern. I think his concern was greater than mine. Ben was at his pediatrician's office this week and we are watching him closely.

Ben started physical therapy this week as well for neck pain and back pain that he has been experiencing for almost three years. His x-ray showed a slight curvature of his spine. We also have a neurosurgery appointment for him coming up. I just want him to be pain-free from normal activities.

Psalm 46:1-3  God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though it's waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.       Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment