Saturday, February 9, 2013

Life From My Toddler's Perspective

I had this picture posted on Facebook but wanted to include it here as well. Mariah had her very first sled ride this week. If you can see the grin on her face you know how much fun she had.

I wanted to go ahead and write a light-hearted post. I began to think of how unique life must be for a toddler. I realized if I don't write it down now I would surely forget! I wanted to share some of the spunk that Mariah has brought to our life.

Here are some examples of how Mariah sees life:

* It is perfectly acceptable to pick your nose then give the boogies to the closest person.

* If no one is near by, it is perfectly acceptable to eat your boogies....YUCK!!!

* Toilet paper is not meant to be left on the roll. Redecorating is a must.
* It does not matter that Mommy tells me every single night not to touch the medicine bottle, I still will try to grab it first.

* It is normal to lick the lotion that Mommy puts on me after my bath.

* There is nothing wrong with drinking the bath water.

* The red button on the remote control is meant to be pushed, all the time!

* The vacuum cleaner is a riding toy.

* Mommy's piano is a jungle gym.

* Every door in the house needs to be closed at all times.

* The toaster is my personal toy.

* It does not matter that my medicine is given three times a day, I still act as though it is a complete surprise every single time and try to reject the applesauce laced with my medicine.

* Sometimes for no reason at all, I will fight being strapped in my car seat.....just because I can. Interestingly, this only happens with Daddy.

* Mittens are not needed in the snow.
* Shoes and socks are are purely for "decorating" the floor of our van.

* It makes no sense that Mommy cannot fold clothes with me sitting on top of the clothes she is trying to fold.

* I do not have to allow Daddy to brush my teeth.....Mommy will!

* Today I will be afraid of Pete on Mickey Mouse Club, but tomorrow he is hilarious.

* Mommy's dishwasher door is meant to be a bench for me.

* There is no need to pick up any toys and put them away.

* Every picture frame in the house is meant to be placed on the floor and stepped on. Thus, breaking the glass.

* I will bow on request, but only for Daddy or the kids.

* Every computer screen is meant to be touched.

* There is nothing wrong with liking the idea of going somewhere yet being miserable on the way there and the entire time at the event.

* Occasionally, I will lock myself in the basement and Daddy won't be able to find the key. He will have to try and sweetly talk me into unlocking the door. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

* I don't understand why Daddy constantly tells me that he "Never Loses" when I am being a bit stubborn. I didn't realize this was a contest. For the record, sometimes I do win.

* Even if I hate what you are doing to me, I will thank you when you are done! This includes all doctors and nurses.

* My Daddy speaks fake Mandarin to me and I pretend to understand.

* When I see pictures of myself in China, I refer to myself as Ping Ping. However, when I see pictures of myself since coming home I refer to myself as Yi yi ah (Mariah).

* Telling the water and Batman tub toys "night night", and every other inanimate object within site, is perfectly normal.

* Peas are the perfect size to fit up my nose.

Just thought you would enjoy the laughter that Mariah has brought into our lives. We love it!!! She is a blessing to us!


Jeremiah 1:17   Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.


2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! She sounds pretty normal to me. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the smile on her face! She has come a long way.

    ReplyDelete