Monday, May 6, 2013

School and Ladies' Spring Banquet

I guess it has been a couple of weeks since I updated our lives. It has been somewhat eventful. But isn't that normal for a house full of five kids?

We are still going full speed ahead on our schooling. Check out the newest student. Kyle was watching the introduction to his newest math chapter. Steve Demme would be proud to see his likely youngest Algebra student!
Did you notice how close she sits next to the television? We constantly remind her to move back. She enjoyed it for the entire time.

I am hoping to wrap up my part of home schooling this week! I am a tad excited!!! The kids still have a few more weeks worth of math and Kyle needs to finish up his science.

We also received an exciting piece of mail. Kyle received his very first passport. He is just about ready to head out on his mission trip to Mexico. 
We desperately needed to get out and work on some of our landscaping. Mariah loves to be outside so she decided to explore little.
All of the kids helped out. Kyle was cleaning up the ornamental grass that we cut back.
Micah was our rake man! He worked on the clean-up detail.
Becca was happy to work on weeding detail.
Ben also weeded.....and played.......and weeded.........and played!
The girls got showers and it was cute to see them in matching nightgowns.
Yesterday was Mariah's first time to attend Sunday School. Mrs. Janice is such a sweet teacher. She reminds me so much of my mom. I needed to make sure everyone was comfortable with Mariah in that class knowing the necessary urgency to contact me or Jeremy in case of emergency. Mrs. Janice was happy to receive her. What a blessing Mrs. Janice is!
Then today Kyle went upstairs to get Mariah up from her nap. Like I have said before, she is a great sleeper! He brought her downstairs to the kitchen and asked me if this is what she had on when I put her down for her nap. Notice anything a little different?
She was able to reach a stack of clothes on a chair beside her crib and decided to dress herself, again. I think she did a great job! Even though the shirt is backwards and inside out, she got it on.

Mariah is beginning to want independence. It is a little amazing to me to watch her with a washcloth in the tub. She really scrubs well! 

I wish I would have remembered to take my camera to our Ladies' Spring Banquet at the church. Notice the beautiful flowers in the foreground of this picture.....I won those flowers.
It was amazing! Our ladies did a fantastic job. I was overwhelmed with the sheer beauty and organization of the entire event. Not a single detail was overlooked.

Two hundred thirty women attended this banquet. The guest speaker was Geraldine and Ricky. Geraldine Reagan is a ventriloquist with her dummy "Ricky". We had such a wonderful time.
Many of the men from the church served the food that was prepared by Diane, Sandy, and Carla. The food was delicious!

Not a single picture from me. That is so unlike me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment