Sunday, July 29, 2012

Can we fit anything more into a week?

Our "week" began last Saturday. The Children's Ministry at our church hosted a cookout for the kids at the waterslide. Typically the lifeguards are not all that friendly however, our fearless leaders invited the hungry young lifeguards to eat with our group and they extended the time at the waterslide and they were super nice. So here is Mariah and me "rocking" (Jeremy's term, not mine) our sunglasses. Notice the photographer in the lenses?  Yep....the most handsome radio voice I know!


Anywhere there is food, you will likely find Mariah. It was a nice time to be with a small group. I took Mariah to the pavilion and we enjoyed fellowship with several friends. I cannot forget to mention the ducks that wanted to make the pavilion their home. 


It was here that Mariah decided she wanted to be held by Miss April as we were talking. She reached for her right from my arms! I think it made April's day. I believe her words were, "Just wait until I tell my mom that I got to hold Mariah!"  I wish I had taken that picture! Instead I snapped this.....
Here was Mr. Fullerton and a can of very cold Pepsi. Mariah walked over to him and he touched her arm with the cold can. Mind you, in China, every beverage is typically served room temperature. Mariah didn't quite know what to think. Marty enjoyed every second she was with him too. 


Here are a few pics of my other kiddos enjoying their evening of fun! This is Becca's first trip down!
Here is Mikey. Not sure if that name is allowed to be printed. Micah told the kids a year ago that Mommy is the only one allowed to call him that. Not really sure why. But, he will always be my Mikey!
This is a picture of Kyle! Always a kid at heart. He is my teenage sweetie.
Lastly we have Ben. He decided to hitch a ride! Looks like fun!
Sunday morning I stayed home with Mariah but took the other four kids to church. I assume they behaved as they sat with Miss Billie. I believe Micah sat with his friend, Ryan and the others sat with Miss Billie. 

Sunday evening began our first night of VBS. I came to church and helped register the kids for night one! I love kids and it was a sweet time to joke with these kids and talk with everyone there. However, Mariah's behavior took a turn. I believe it was too much for her so I took her to get a bite to eat at Wendy's. I realized that this plan to help with VBS was not going to work. I felt terrible but had to bail out as a helper. Jeremy, on the other hand, was faithful to help. He also played taxi driver as my kids invited the neighborhood. I don't know too many hubby's that would take 4 of their own kids and 4 neighbor kids......alone! But he never complained.

Mariah and I came for only two nights of VBS, Sunday and Wednesday. My cousin, Justin, and family were in visiting family in Pennsylvania. He called and wanted to come to visit us. So, Wednesday afternoon Justin, Heather and their three kids came to visit. They also were visitors to our church's VBS. Mariah and I also came. I think Mariah is getting quite comfortable with us and church. She was happy to roam around the back of the room then got brave. I think she spotted her siblings in their rows and made her way up to them. She wasn't happy when I quickly brought her back to us. 

The picture below shows Mariah as she took Heather's hair clip and was playing. It is an adorable picture but somewhat sad. She came home from the orphanage with some habits that were likely for her survival. We have watched her hide things under her chin. I believe it serves two purposes. One is it just frees up her hands for more "things". Secondly, I think it was a way to save something for later and so that others would not take it from her.
Mariah also wandered over to Daddy while he was taping parts of VBS. He picked her up and you can see her enjoying the music. She has found her voice. She loves to sing!
As the kids were singing the song "OBEDIENCE ", Mariah would not leave Jeremy's tripod alone. She actually made one of the legs collapse! The song choice was pure irony!
Here is a picture of Justin's boys and our boys playing with Star Wars action figures, Legos, and playing Star Wars video games. Then they went swimming!
We have noticed a few things with Mariah that always make us smile. Can you guess what she is up to?
How about here?
Okay......she found a picture of Jeremy and I and carried it around the house kissing it. It was really sweet! Sometimes she kisses with her tongue.
Can you tell she has three brothers? Is there any hope for me to finally have a girly girl? The Nerf Ax kind of negates the sparkles on her top.
Okay....then my parents decided to make a quick visit. Justin, Heather and kids spent the night on Wednesday. Then my parents came on Friday and stayed until Saturday.

My mom surprised me by having me go out to my dad's truck to get a surprise in the back seat. I honestly had no idea what it could be. I opened the door and up popped my oldest sister, Patty! I screamed! I was not expecting that. I knew she was scheduled to work (the hospital called her off).  We had such a nice visit. Patty got to meet Mariah and Mariah enjoyed time with two of her grandparents. We had a cookout on the deck as well. Here we are all squeezed around the table!
Mariah is working on some self-help skills. Let's just say it is a work in progress!
Mom helped with my laundry. She had some help from Mariah as well. As quickly as Mom folded, Mariah unfolded!
We had a very busy week! 

I forgot to mention that Mariah had her first check-up with our pediatrician on Monday. Sadly, I thought the appointment was on Tuesday. I called their office at 1:38 on Monday. Her appointment was for 2pm. I had to wake her from her nap and rush there. I forgot to grab her diaper bag on my way out the door. I'm a little out of practice. It all went well, except for two immunizations. 

Then on Tuesday, Kyle had to go to the doctor's for his allergy shots. He had an allergic reaction to those. 

Never a dull moment at the Kaminski house!


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy all your episodes and remember back to what I refer to as "the best days of my life!" I had 3 children but they are all in their 50's now. The time will go quickly for you too and you are so fortunate to have all these pictures and writings to look back on. Enjoy every day as if it were your last!! God bless. Carolyn Craig Caldarelli

    ReplyDelete