Sunday, August 19, 2012

Daddy's Influence

This is not the first picture that I have posted that Mariah fell asleep in her high chair. Probably will not be the last either. This was last Monday. I had been on the phone with my sister and Mariah desperately wanted (she did not need) my attention. I left the kitchen since her screaming only got louder each time I ignored. This was what I found after only about 5 minutes. You can even ask my sister. I had to wake her early from her nap and take her, Kyle, and our sick Ben to the doctor's.

I think I have come to the conclusion that our life will be busy every single day! So what did I expect with five kids, right? I wouldn't have it any other way! I think as many parents tote their kids back and forth to sports, we tote ours back and forth to doctors' appointments. Once I convince the ENT clinic that I can give Kyle's allergy shots myself, that will greatly ease our schedules. I guess they just don't understand that we have been giving Ben his growth hormone shots for 7 years. I really don't need the training. Just give me the supplies and I'm good to go! But they have protocol to follow.

If I leave Mariah in Jeremy's hands for more than say.......5 minutes, this is what I come back to find.
Yes, a machine gun. Nerf of course. Jeremy is so proud of this feat he is able to pull-off. He says she is a natural.

Just in case you have a hard time believe Jeremy's influence on our five precious babes.......here is another perfect example. This one with our older daughter. Jeremy will often look at any of our kids and do this very thing. "I'm watching you!" You can see Becca's beautiful blue eyes here.
Here we caught the kids and several neighbors playing with matchbox cars in our driveway. So much for the theory by some that homeschooled children are socially deprived.
This next picture is the inseparable duo!
And we cannot leave out Micah! Look at his eyes!
Next is our Asian princess. Not sure I would have called her a "princess" on Monday. Nevertheless, here she is in all of her cuteness.
We had a slow easy evening this night so we took her out to play a little. She really enjoys it but doesn't follow the rules. Yes, she has rules. Yes, she mostly ignores them! She especially does not agree with rule number 1 while outside.......no playing on the road. Welcome to Mariah's world. This picture below is Mariah trying to hitch a ride on our neighbor's scooter. She wasn't happy when Daddy took her off that ride. Do you know how fast those things go? WOW! They look fun, but not for a 20 month old, for sure!
She gets hot outside and then sought refuge in, well....ME! No complaints here.
Then she found a squirt gun and off she went.
This weekend is the Parkersburg Homecoming. We have never been there to visit and thought since the weather was gorgeous, we would venture down to the festivities. We have a beautiful view of the Ohio River. Just in case anyone is curious if our boys are growing.......this is for you!
What happened to the time? How is Kyle so much taller than me? He is only 13! Micah will have me soon too. By the way, Kyle's shirt is one we got from him that has a picture of The Great Wall. I think it is one of his favorites.
Mariah seemed irritated with her stroller so I got her out to enjoy the scenery. Jeremy snapped this picture. She is not preferring me at this moment. Not sure why. I am the one who thought she looked like she needed out but notice how her arm is pushing against my shoulder. We still have some work to do with this wee one. She really wanted anyone but me. I'm praying that will change...SOON!

I think this is what she really wanted. It hurts my pride a little. On the other hand I love this man more than she does, so I completely understand how smitten she is. I still am after almost 17 years of marriage!
The homecoming rides were a terrible price. We allowed the kids to each ride one ride. This was Ben's choice. He always has fun!
The other three older kids wanted to ride this......The Sizzler (also known as The Scrambler). Becca got squished but they all loved it!
I ventured to church this morning as well. We made it just in time for Sunday School. Notice the traditional Chinese outfits for my three younger kids. They loved them and had a lot of pride wearing them.
Once home from church, Jeremy took Becca outside to get her picture. It was a little too sunny!
Lastly, Rebecca requested Daddy to take this below picture. I thought it turned out pretty neat. Becca loves Dragonflies!
This week includes a visit to the doctor's on Monday for allergy shots. Tuesday, Kyle has an orthodontist appointment to get his braces. That is a two-hour appointment. Friday will be spent in Morgantown seeing one of our favorite doctors, Dr. Jones. He is such a super guy! We have seen him every three months since Ben was one year old. He knows us well. Friday he sees his newest patient......little "MC". Hopefully, we get great news!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanine,

    I always enjoy reading your updates, as you are honest about the good days and difficult ones. My daughter also prefers my friends over me at times and hits me when she cries for her Chinese Nanny. YiMei is 4, so she is vocal with her grief. Bonding is. Process isn't it and it doesn't happen overnight it seems. I had to laugh about Mariah having her own rules, asmy girl is that way too. Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose (you know your name is our oldest daughter's middle name)! Bonding certainly is a process. It is a lot of work too. It takes an emotional toll on a person but the rewards are well worth it. Rules are not Mariah's favorite! We have to insist on her safety first. The rest will come later on! Praying your YiMei is adjusting.

      Delete
  2. I love your updates and your photos. I am smitten with all your children. Mariah looks more at home every time I see new pictures of her! She is a complete doll and so loved, yet still cautious! :) One of my favorite pictures is of her on her Daddy's shoulders. She looks SO happy. It would hurt my pride too, but you are her Mommy and there is no replacement for you; she just doesn't know it yet.

    ReplyDelete