Sunday, October 28, 2012

Special Visitors

I was a bit tired after our trip to PA last week. But, we did make it to Sunday school and church on Sunday. Trips or company or pretty much anything that changes Mariah's schedule is tough on her. Her life was turned upside down this past week. But, we will survive.
On the bright side, the fevers are now gone. What a mystery! Now I am wondering if there is an ear infection brewing for Mariah. She keeps sticking her finger into her right ear. When I asked her tonight if it hurt, she said yes in her typical very agreeable high-pitched voice. She will say yes to almost anything though. Just makes me curious. She has woken in the middle of the night a few times the past two weeks. She was crying then stopped. I don't believe she ever fully woke and went back to sleep. 

We will know for sure on Monday. She and Kyle have regular check-ups at the pediatrician's office. Mariah needs to get another immunization since she is a little behind. We choose to only do one at a time. I'm sure we will not have a happy camper. 

This past week we had some special visitors. Grandma and Pap Kaminski came for a visit. We don't get many visits from them since they take care of Grandma. So this was special. I remember so well what it was like when my mom was taking care of my grandparents. We didn't have visits for a couple of years. It is tough on everyone but we completely understand and love that we see our parent's honoring their parents. What an example to us. I still have so much to learn from our parents.

Grandma and Pap left Pittsburgh at 4:30am and arrived here at 8:40am, just in time for breakfast! After all the hellos were said, school began. I tried to have a free day but I wasn't able. School was happening in the basement and Pap used my dining room table as a temporary office. He was studying for his Sunday message. Jeremy must have sneaked this picture because it sure wasn't me. 
Poor guy didn't even move my Chinese tea set from his work space. I just came home from PA with that last week and it made it to my dining room table. Now to find room for it!

Our kids love when Grandparents come to visit. Grandma Kaminski gets conned into making French Toast every time they visit. Mariah is not super crazy about sweets but she did enjoy almost a full slice of French Toast. Notice her bedhead too.
We had a really nice couple of days with them. Here is a picture of Mariah having a story read to her by Pap. 
She insisted on the Steelers blanket. I think Grandma and Pap were a little surprised at how much energy she has. She sits still for maybe two seconds.....maybe. She is a girl on the move!

It was sad to see them leave but we will see them in just a few weeks. 
We went shopping after Grandma and Pap left and when we came home, we found Mariah like this....
A few adoptive families are in my prayers as they struggle with many issues. This is definitely a journey that does not have a destination. It is a journey that continues to change and often times has unexpected twists and turns. 

The family with a little boy at Mariah's orphanage is still waiting to make another trip to China. Their sweet son was transferred to Beijing and had heart surgery this past week. He is recovering and the family is praying to be granted permission to travel within the next two weeks. Please pray for the Tucker family as they overcome even more obstacles. Their story is nothing shy of amazing and heartbreaking. Many have heard their story and one child received life-saving surgery as a result of the Tuckers. You can read their story  

This particular family is so close to my heart since Ethan is from Mariah's hometown in Jiangsu. 

Blessings to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment