Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Low-Key Week

Finally a week of no appointments! That says a lot for our family right now. I know that will soon end but we did enjoy the time at home.

This week was the premiere of The Avengers here at the Kaminski house. We have quite a keen interest in these new movies and for the most part, they are pretty clean. As usual, Jeremy did his editing magic and the little bit of language and the few innuendos are now gone! The movie has quickly become a favorite in this house full of testosterone! I also have to admit that us girls are quite fond of them too. 

Here is a little video that Jeremy and the kids had fun putting together back in April. I do love this family!!!!
We have had so much progress with our sweet Mariah. She loves on us all, she sleeps well, she understands almost everything we say. Then we see a few signs of her history. In the picture just below, I was cleaning up the kitchen and turned around and thought she had eaten all of her cheese curls. Then I noticed this.........
She had taken all of her remaining cheese curls and hid them in her shirt.  I guess old habits die hard. 

Just so you all understand, this child eats anything and absolutely everything. We are trying to figure out if she is eating everything due to her low sodium and she is seeking that or just that she is going through phases that she was never able to experience living in an orphanage. When she starts licking my arms or face, it is time for some salty snacks! This picture below is what she does when finished with her meal. She literally licks her plate clean.
Friday was a rather interesting day. Jeremy was home and he did his regular classes with the kids for school. He has them do phys ed, then he began a photography class with them. Notice how impressed Ben was with this week's lesson...
Oh, I almost forgot. Notice the Pack N Play in the background? That was a new purchase. Mariah is so overwhelmed with our schoolroom that we had to find something to keep her safe and entertained. It is supposed to be a fun place for her but she is not always happy in it. We turned to see her the other day and she had her left foot on top of the rail and she was ready to crawl right out. She will obey when told "no", so for now it works.

Mariah had a difficult day. Of course, we had pictures scheduled later that day. I finally got her settled for her nap but then realized she was still up. I don't believe she ever fell asleep. This made for an interesting photo session.

Our next door neighbor's daughter has picked up photography on the side. After we came home with Mariah, Christi offered to take our pics for us as a gift. How sweet was that? Friday was the chosen date. Christi drove in from Columbus just for our pictures. We took our camera for just a few pics but Christi did a much better job with a much better camera. Here is a little of the "pouty" face that Mariah had for almost the entire photo shoot.
I am sure Christi caught much better pictures and probably even got a few with a sweet-looking angel. I was standing to Mariah's left here trying to get her to smile.

Then Jeremy was being goofy and said something silly to Becca and got this reaction....
Here is Kyle on the bars at the park where we had pics taken.
And we certainly cannot forget Micah. 
Again, Christi, we hope you didn't mind our pathetic attempt to take pictures with our little camera. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for doing this for us. Eli was such a sweetie too! And your mom.....we love her!

Not a whole lot else to post for this past week. I still have not heard from Mariah's new doctor. I'm not worried, just feel held captive to my house phone. I don't really want to take that call on my cell when I'm out and about.  Not knowing when the call will come is tough.

We should know how Mariah is doing on her new medication. Her labs were drawn over a week ago. I'm pretty sure we still have some adjusting to do. 

Mariah thinks she has out-smarted us. When we give her the medicine (three times a day) in her applesauce, she has wised-up to us. She now knows there are pills in that applesauce. The first couple of spoonfuls are plain applesauce. I can see her trying to find those pills. Then eventually she does. She gives us this look and then crunch! Mariah thinks she has fooled us and won the battle. The medicine is very bitter. She just doesn't realize that we win either way. Either she swallows it with the applesauce, or she chooses to crunch away.......we still win! 

Here is our sweet Becca reading to Mariah! For some reason I don't think Mariah was very impressed.
As I drafted this blog post I received and email regarding my lack of creativity while blogging. I apologize to anyone who feels this way. I never claimed to be creative. I honestly do not blog to see how many hits I get on my site. I blog for one reason......to be able to give our sweet daughter a history.

I am amazed that there are people in Greece, France, Latvia, and a few other countries reading my blog. I blog to encourage others who may be considering adoption and to keep our families included in our lives.

I am not at all upset over the email. I just want everyone to understand that I am a mom of five kids that has a passion. That passion is to raise my kids in partnership with my adoring husband in the way that God leads us. I am madly in love with my husband of almost 17 years. I pray that our passion to love and honor Christ is evident especially as I attempt to create this history for Mariah.


No comments:

Post a Comment