Thursday, June 12, 2014

Morgantown

Morgantown has become quite the familiar place for us. Our first introduction to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown was almost 12 years ago when our sweet daughter decided to make quite a dramatic, albeit early, entrance to this world. Hence our first stay in a NICU. Sadly, that was not our only NICU visit.

However our visits there now usually mean appointments at the Physicians Office Building and the Eye Institute.
Our youngest son, "Boo", had an appointment to see his ENT. It was a regularly scheduled appointment. Ben has been going to this doctor since he was 9 months old. Poor guy had frequent ear infections so young. His first set of ventilation tubes was at 13 months. His second set was at 20 months. That surgery included bilateral ventilation tubes, a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. It was not a fun surgery as Ben really struggled to wake from surgery and unexpectedly was admitted. However, this was just a normal check-up.
But I know my son. He was so congested. Yet never complained. The resident doctor introduced himself, examined Ben and just seconds later he told me that Ben's nose was pretty bad. I knew that. The conversation with the doctor was interesting. He told me that Ben has "significant problems". They are apprehensive to test for allergies. I guess his risk for anaphylaxis is pretty great. So we hope to hold off on that until it is absolutely necessary.

He takes life in stride. 

He never gets rattled. 

He is one of my heroes.

He is pretty amazing and defies many of his doctors......all 7 of them! 

Check out his soccer goal during his last game!
I get sidetracked............I took him to Morgantown to see his ENT and also Mariah to see her opthamologist. I took Kyle along for sanity!
The two hour drive did Mariah in. Oh boy! She was not the easiest. Note to self........make Mariah's appointment first next time. She ate her bag of crackers, two lollipops, and some Smarties in the 15 minutes the doctor spent with us. 


Another note to self.....first appointment at 11am and second appointment at 1pm does not leave enough time for lunch in between and children will be hungry. And so will mom!

We proceeded to the eye doctor. We waited in their waiting room from 11:30 until 1:30. Oh my! Even I was getting restless!

I had just told Mariah, "Do not throw that ball!" Want to guess what she did?
I did feel bad for her. There were several other children in the waiting room but only one would play with her. In fact, they looked at her like she was an alien. I guess her heritage was a little disconcerting to others. For now she seemed unaffected.
 
Finally.......we got called back. Her appointment went well. Again, they increased her eyeglasses prescription. She will always need glasses. 

We were done! 

Lunch was served at 3pm. Then we drove home...2 hours.

Friday was Mariah's last speech session with Miss Katie. I just realized I didn't get that photo I had intended! Good thing she lives around the corner!

Jeremy's brother came to visit on Friday! The kids were looking forward to this visit. It was our first overnight guest with Selah here. She was a bit confused as to where he would sleep. 

Jeff treated us to dinner out. Let's just say these boys never change!
Jeff went home on Sunday afternoon. He took our two oldest boys back with him to leave at Jeremy's parents' for the week. Grandma and Pap wanted to put the boys to "work" but I really think they just wanted to spoil a little!

Mariah is so confused as to where they are. She asks, "Where's Uncle Weff?" and, "Where's the guys?" She saw me Facetiming with Micah this morning. She desperately wanted to see him. The following conversation ensued....

Mariah: "KeKe! I miss....you.......so......much!" 

Micah:  "I miss you too!"

Me: "Mariah, look!" 
      "There's Kyle!"
      "Tell Kyle you love him."

Mariah: "NO! I love mommy! You're my mommy!"

What can I say? I really tried. She does love Kyle. But right now she is crazy possessive about me.  

I guess they have painted, cut back tall brush the whole length of the driveway/lane, planted a garden, and cut grass. I'm glad the boys wanted to go help. But I miss them.

My house feels empty! We only have four kids! I know, it sounds ridiculous! But it is true. I miss my boys! They should be home Thursday night. 

We had a landscaping company bring some equipment and properly level an area for our new pool.
Thankfully, Jeremy and I got the pool set up before the torrential rains. We finished with about 45 minutes to spare. Jeremy is the type of guy that once he starts something, it bothers him until it is done. So, we still do not have the water in the pool. We will do that beginning tomorrow.

In the meantime, the kids loved the mountain of sand that was delivered!
On our way home from church this evening the sky was absolutely gorgeous!
Not bad for taking the photo out my window while Jeremy was driving!


Then we came home and I went out on the deck.
I was reminded of this passage from the Bible......


Psalms 113:3 From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised.
- See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Sunsets#sthash.WcvmTlJV.dpuf
Psalms 113:3 From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised.
- See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Sunsets#sthash.WcvmTlJV.dpuf
Psalm 113:3 

From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment