Sunday, September 23, 2012

JEREMY IS THE MAN


                            
Silliness is the name of the game here. Just ignore the laundry in the background. Here she is! I think it is safe to say the crown, although fitting, doesn't really "fit". So, big brother to the rescue......

I looked up from the computer after watching our church services on Sunday morning and this is what I saw. I made him wait so I could take this picture. Kyle is such a good sport!
Sorry it is a little blurry. She is constantly on the move. Mariah kept moving closer to me as I tried to snap this picture.
Now to explain the title of this blog post. "JEREMY IS THE MAN" is what I found at my printer this morning as Mariah was.........uh hummmmmm.....exploring! To elaborate on this. Oh, my life is not boring! 

My computer has been my lifeline throughout this adoption. The paperwork was immense, to say the very least. Without my computer we honestly would not have been able to complete this process. 

Jeremy has a hate/ hate relationship with my computer. He is not entirely against pcs but definitely prefers his Mac. He bought his Mac a few years ago to be able to edit. For those of you who do not know, Jeremy is the media pastor at our church. He directs and edits the Sunday morning services at our church to be aired on the local CBS, NBC, and FOX affiliates as well as the church's television station. He spends approximately 12 solid hours just editing the service. Then he matches the closed-captioning transcription to the actual video/audio. Jeremy also edits and shoots commercials, scripts commercials, voices commercials, and runs the church's radio and television stations. He spends his entire day on the computer. Let's just say when he began using his own Mac......his entire world changed! He loves that computer. Macs are known to be excellent computers to use for video/still editing. For a while, I thought Mac was our fifth child!

When it comes to a pc..........he gets frustrated. Not necessarily with the pc but the operating system. My HP has Windows Vista.....aka, Jeremy's nightmare. My printer is a wireless printer. However, after spending 3 hours on the phone with a woman in the Philippines, I was still unable to resolve the problem. My computer at one time worked okay. It has always been glitchy but it eventually worked. It is an understatement to say my printer no longer communicates with my laptop. Both are HP products and are only 2 years old. 

We know it is not the printer. Jeremy's old laptop (Dell) works fine with my printer. His operating system is Windows XP. He has decided it is my operating system. It is the thorn in his side. So he began to work on it yesterday. The paper that reads "JEREMY IS THE MAN" is what I found today sitting in my printer. I always tell Jeremy that he is the man. I guess it finally sunk into his brain!
Above is another example of Mariah's mess-making ability!
This is a rare moment! Mariah allowed Ben to be close to her. He was reading her a book. I had to capture it before it ended and Jeremy didn't believe it!
Here is our awesome baby monitor. It also has a great night light. I think Jeremy is jealous of this. Mariah goes to bed with the ceiling fan running, lullaby music playing, and this blue light glowing. He said she goes to bed at a spa.
Here is a sign I had to make that as you can see says,"shhhhh......Baby Sleeping". I had to make this since our neighbor kids love to ring our doorbell. That will wake a sleeping toddler quicker than anything. You'll be happy to know that as of three weeks ago, the doorbell has been disconnected. Yes....we walk on eggshells.
Here is my sweet Ben. Oh this boy melts my heart! Thursday we took him and Kyle to Morgantown to see their ENT. Honestly, I thought the appointment was just an easy 10 minute in-and-out. Well, the doctor didn't like how Ben's voice sounded. For those who don't know my Ben, he often times has a very raspy voice. Knowing Ben's health history, the doctor wanted to scope him. Poor kid! He put a flexible scope down Ben's nose to his vocal cords. We learned that Ben has a nodule on his left vocal cord. This is not serious and is common in children who scream. Ironically, screaming is one of my pet peeves. It then was discussed and the doctor believes it is from two things. The first is his reflux that he has had since he was born. The second explanation is his maintenance asthma inhaler, Symbicort. Sometimes we feel like this kid can't catch a break. There is really nothing that can be done.

I'll leave this long-winded post with sharing a few things. Mariah is struggling with some kind of infection. She continues to run a low grade fever every day for over 2 weeks. We treated her UTI for a full 7 days using Bactrim. The doctors are suspicious it is either a secondary infection or the infection has gone to her kidneys. 

We are praying for some answers this week and try to get this child healthy.

On the bright side of things, Mariah has gained six pounds since we received her 97 days ago. That weight gain really began once we got to the states a mere 86 days ago. I think she likes American food!


I almost forgot.....Jeremy is the man! He is also not impressed that I just wrote about this!









1 comment:

  1. I love your stories, Jeanine! Hope Mariah gets over this mysterious infection soon. Does she still like to eat 24/7 as she did when you first got her home?

    ReplyDelete