Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Routine!!!


Getting into the swing with school this year has been a work in progress. To any inquiring minds.......homeschooling is tough! It is not for wimps! We quickly realized how important the schedule is for Mariah. She is a creature of habit. We have rearranged our entire way of homeschooling. 

Mariah also has mastered climbing...... specifically onto the kitchen and dining room chairs. Enjoy the following as proof of her newly master feat! This above picture she decided to climb up and help Ben with his school work too. He was not impressed.
Then here.....
And also here...
The above picture is one I posted on my Facebook page. She reminds me of a tornado. Notice the toys on the floor. She grabbed Ben's police handcuffs and climbed up. I guess she doesn't realize that table was her great-grandmother's table many years ago. She was so proud to be up in that chair.
She looks so sad in the picture and I not really sure why. I caught her pulling out the chair to climb.......again!
This daughter of ours is a terrific eater! We also know she likely eats so well due to the lack of food she had at her orphanage. She must be enjoying the variety she now can freely eat. Here was evidence that she leaves nothing on her plate. 

Mariah enjoys a good book. As I was cooking supper one evening she brought out her book for me to read. So, I stopped what I was doing and sat down right where I was and read to her.......three times! 
Do you notice the lock on the cabinet doors behind me? Never had those before until this sweet child. A few evenings ago she walked into the livingroom carrying that very lock and my bottle of Palmolive! My boys took out the trash and got a bag from under the sink. Someone forgot to lock the cabinet!
We also have been trying to take walks in the evening. We enjoy just getting out as a family. Sometimes it is the only sunlight I see. Our older kids enjoy their scooters. We usually have Mariah in her stroller. I did take her out the other night to see if she wanted to just walk holding my hand. She was so afraid to be out of the stroller. I really surprised us. She was petrified to walk on the road. Eventually she trusted me and enjoyed the walk.

I guess she already wants to be grown up. Do you remember that this is the same little one that just 2 1/2 months ago had a difficult time just walking? 
This picture below is one I took going to a wedding on Saturday. I will admit that I would love for this to be the road to my house. This wedding was so pretty. It was located in a barn on a beautiful 106 acre farm. Oh, I would love to have just a fraction of this land!
We had to get a picture of us as a family as well. I am disappointed with this picture. I think there was something on the lens of our camera. 
This week proved to be one that Mariah did not feel well. I took her to the pediatrician's office on Wednesday. Surprising to me, she had a fever. Talk about feeling like a terrible mom. How did I not realize the 100.1 fever? 

She has been a little fussy and has had many, many, many wet diapers. We found out she has a urinary tract infection. That explains a lot. Along with the antibiotic we have to give her stress doses of Cortef. Any fever over 100 requires stress dosing, per her endocrinologist. 
Here are our five sweet kiddos. How blessed we are to be the parents to these children!

More of the same this week as we travel to Morgantown for doctor appointments. I did have surprise overnight guests last night (Monday) as my sister and her husband came to spend the night on their way to a work conference for him. We always have room for family!

I'm still working on attachment with Mariah. It is a process for sure. She still prefers Jeremy over me. It makes me sad yet helps me be even more persistent. She fell and hit her head the other day. For the first time she cried when she got hurt. I rushed to get her and she immediately tensed up and used the palms of both hands and pushed against my chest. She absolutely wanted nothing to do with me. I felt like crying. I will love her no matter what. One day she will know that.


No comments:

Post a Comment