Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Good Life!

If you only knew our Micah and his absolute disdain for writing or drawing you could appreciate this picture. Micah drew seven ladybugs at the end of our driveway. I begged Jeremy to hop out of the van the other day to snap the picture! (I believe he thinks I am absolutely nuts!) I was pleased that Micah knew ladybugs have six legs and notice how they get smaller. It was too cute not to share.

This week began with normal church on Sunday. And for the first time in a while I took Mariah to both services. We survived! I will leave it at that.

On Monday morning Mariah's endocrinologist called us to give us bad news that the lab drew blood into the wrong tube. Dr. Jones was so upset for us. Really, he was more upset than I. He then called back about 45 minutes later to say it wasn't as bad as he thought and they would just be missing a few tests and we could likely get that at another time. 

Tuesday we took Mariah's re-adoption paperwork to a notary to get her signature and stamp. From there I ran the paperwork and Mariah's newest stool samples to the post office. I then stopped at the dry cleaners to pick up a sports coat that evidently we both had forgotten. We were called about it since this jacket had been there since May of 2011. YIKES!! I guess I'm not as organized as I would like to think. Who knew?

This was a precious piece of mail we received this week too.....
Mariah's Certificate of Citizenship!! We have been waiting for this document since June 27th, the date of her Consulate Appointment. Now we can apply for her Social Security card.........maybe next week or the following.
Wednesday was a day spent in my school room attempting to organize. Until Mariah woke up from her afternoon nap. We then went outside then fixed supper. Our middle three kids had their final program for "Bug Zone", our Wednesday evening children's program (picture above). I stayed home with Mariah as it seems she is still struggling with the parasite that Ch*na gave her as a parting gift. She has stomach cramps so bad that she is often buckled over in pain. It makes me feel so bad for her. 

The whole month of August, Jeremy has had an extra day off of work every each week, Thursday. That has been a nice bonus for us. So, I scheduled haircuts for the girls. While Kyle was having his trumpet lesson at the house, the girls and I went to Amber's shop and they got haircuts. Becca has wanted to grow her hair LONG! I didn't mind but I knew how it would end. She always has big plans for her hair, then gets tired of brushing out the knots.

Mariah HATED her haircut at first. She was supposed to go first but it was obvious that was not going to work. Mariah screamed terribly! It was pitiful. It made me wonder what haircuts were like for her in the past. Becca thought she would show her it was not big deal and she went first instead. We put Mariah on my lap after Becca's cut. She cried but we gave her food! Balance was restored!

Here is the before.....
During.....
Becca's after......
Mariah's after......
And that brings me to Friday. Uncle Jeff came for a visit for the first time to see his newest niece. He came bearing gifts for all.
Mariah got a Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head Newlywed set. 
She really enjoyed this. You can tell by her tongue sticking out!
Then the bag went on her head. She learned that from a certain "Kaminski". Not that I put that past my husband, but it was not him. Thanks Uncle Jeff! So like any good Mommy, I allowed it then snapped a picture! Ben popped in just as I took this pic. Excuse his head in the bottom corner of the picture.
Friday night the older four kids were invited to a birthday party of our neighbor at a local park. We took them to the party at City Park and Mariah visited the park for the very first time.

First time swinging.....I think Ben is having a bit too much fun pushing!
First time sliding.....notice the static in her hair?
Since I don't get in many shots as I am the photographer, Jeremy snapped this picture. Too bad Mariah wasn't looking.
Then I cannot resist but to post this cutie.
Or this one.......
And last but certainly not least.....
In the car on the way home from the party, I snapped this picture of the sky as we drove across the bridge on Route 50 West. All I thought as I snapped this out of the window was how magnificent is God's splendor!
Saturday was a day spent at home.....just being silly! Ben has been walking around with a red scarf around his head....like Rambo. So here is Mariah wanting to do the same. Oh, and we caught her right as she was planning on making a phone call, probably to Ch*na or LuXue in Michigan!
Jeremy again has outdone himself. He has taught Mariah to bow. 
More mischief..........that is the power cord to my laptop.
Helping Uncle Jeff play video games! She loved the buttons. They lured her in and she forgot there was a stranger providing her seating. Notice the red scarf on Ben's head? If you look closely, you'll also see Kyle wearing his headgear. 
This week looks just a crazy. Jeremy is off Monday for the holiday. Then Tuesday is our first day of school. Not sure if I'm ready for this but we have to start sometime. 

Along with being a mom to a newly adopted 20-month-old and the normal things a mom does, I will be teaching an 8th grader, a 6th grader, a 5th grader, and a 3rd grader. I'm exhausted just thinking about it! 







1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this post Jeanine. Good luck with the homeschooling adventure. It should be interesting with a toddler hanging onto you! Ha!

    ReplyDelete